The Search

I thought I was a Christian all my life. I was baptized as a baby into the Catholic religion. I attended a Catholic school. I believed in Jesus and in everything else I was taught.

Then someone read the Bible to me. The Words cut me to the heart because what was read was not what I was taught or practised. I came to trust those Words as I realized they were what would guide me to heaven. I finally left the church of my childhood. 



It was during the process of leaving that I came in contact with a group of people that claimed to be the church of Christ. I had been studying the Bible prior to this time so when I heard their teachings, I studied it for myself.

After much difficulty, I was able to see that I was not saved. It didn’t matter that since a child I had believed that Jesus was the Son of God. I was still lost because I had not followed what the Bible says on how to become a Christian.

The Bible says that:
• I had to hear the Words of the Bible. Romans 10:17
• I had to believe that these Words were from God and that they were true. Hebrew 11:6
• I had to repent. I had to agree to change my life to suit God, not me. Acts 17:30
• I had to confess publicly that I believed that Jesus was the Son of God. Romans 10:9-10
• I had to be baptized into Christ, immersed into His death. Once, I did this, I became a Christian. I was in Christ. Galatians 3:27; 2Corinthians 5:17; Romans 6:3-5

I write this blog to share with you what I have learned from the Good Seed.

No comments: